Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help fast? buy 21x43 AGP (on sale tonight) for partial bury if good price

1. Back To Top    #1

help fast? buy 21x43 AGP (on sale tonight) for partial bury if good price

Been agonizing and hounding Craigslist ads long enough. We laid tarps out in our yard this evening and chose the spot and size we want. Ready to pull trigger on biggest oval we can find that is rated for partial bury and eventual saltwater use.

Found the Saltwater 8000 or Saltwater LX on thepoolfactory.com for 33% off until midnight (I feel like after weeks of hunting and reading, now I am racing the clock...uggh). Is $3900 a good deal for 21x43? They list their regular price as $5800. Anyone know? That doesn't include anything except a skimmer and 20ml liner (with upgrades available).

I have checked some other sites but not found that big which says it is made for both saltwater use and semi-inground installation.

Any other LARGE OVAL owners or partial bury owners out there who can share? Anyone else remember someone else's story that might help?

Thanks
    building a home-made 36'x52" round AGP from free grain bin rings
    lucky mom and many kids on DIY mission with help from family and friends and TFP
    1/2 is 5.5' deep, 1/2 is 45" deep, est. 34k gallons
    Pentair VS Superflo on 110, Pentair TA100 sand filter
    Joplin, Missouri

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help fast? buy 21x43 AGP (on sale tonight) for partial bury if good price

Sorry, I don't know if it is a good deal or not. It seems good to me though. And I do know that you have been looking for a pool so long that it made me tired too!

Sounds like it is time to add to cart and check out!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I have it in the cart. Liner question: no expandable option on that site. If I partial bury this (27" is the max for warranty), what I really want is a shallow end of only about 3' deep going to about 5.5' deep. I think I have read that overlaps can probably accommodate some extra depth, but can they be used with less for the shallower side?
    building a home-made 36'x52" round AGP from free grain bin rings
    lucky mom and many kids on DIY mission with help from family and friends and TFP
    1/2 is 5.5' deep, 1/2 is 45" deep, est. 34k gallons
    Pentair VS Superflo on 110, Pentair TA100 sand filter
    Joplin, Missouri

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know. I don't recall seeing that done before.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by firstladykatie View Post
    Been agonizing and hounding Craigslist ads long enough. We laid tarps out in our yard this evening and chose the spot and size we want. Ready to pull trigger on biggest oval we can find that is rated for partial bury and eventual saltwater use.

Found the Saltwater 8000 or Saltwater LX on thepoolfactory.com for 33% off until midnight (I feel like after weeks of hunting and reading, now I am racing the clock...uggh). Is $3900 a good deal for 21x43? They list their regular price as $5800. Anyone know? That doesn't include anything except a skimmer and 20ml liner (with upgrades available).

I have checked some other sites but not found that big which says it is made for both saltwater use and semi-inground installation.

Any other LARGE OVAL owners or partial bury owners out there who can share? Anyone else remember someone else's story that might help?

Thanks

The Pool Factory Sales are always ongoing.. in case you want to take more time decide.
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

6. Back To Top    #6

Did you buy it?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter