Trying to decide whether to carve out space in the budget for star floor fiberoptic lights.
- Does anyone with them wish that they hadn't spent the money on these lights? (and do they look as good in person as they do in the pictures and marketing materials?)
- What do you recommend for the number of points of light for a given pool area? Is 1 light per 5 sq ft enough? 1 per 10 sq ft? (I am thinking 75 or 100 in a 16x32 pool)
- Any difference in brightness based on the depth? (will lights in the 8' deep end appear similar to those in the 4' shallow end)
- Do you wish that you had put them in a different area (i.e., left them out of deep end, or Baja bench, or spa, or covered the whole pool instead of leaving out one area).
- After install, is the difference in feel between where the fiberoptic line ends and the surrounding plaster noticeable?
- Not counting the cost of materials for the lights themselves (cables, illuminator, etc), how much more did your electrician charge for installing these (assuming that is who installed them)? Did your shotcrete company or plaster company charge more for working with/around these?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions!