Question Regarding SWG Run Time

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
I am in the process of adjusting my SWG run time (or %-age) to generate my target level of FC (i.e. 4-6 ppm). Since my level of FC has been about 14 ppm, a couple of days ago I decreased the amount of run time from 6 to 3 hours daily & kept the same percentage at 35%. I noticed that the FC level has not changed. Should I allow more time to lapse before further decreasing the SWG run time or percentage? As indicated below, my spa capacity is 2,200 gallons. Thank you kindly.

Kit

It appears that you have actually found the sweet spot for the SWG and your pool. Meaning that FC added = FC lost. The caveat is that you started at 14 ppm. You could either reduce the percentage until the FC drops to your target or shut it off completely. Once you FC drops closer to your target then turn your SGW back on or back up 3 hrs @ 35% and it should hold true until bather load of increase sun requires a little more.

Thank you for the response. Hopefully I have indeed found the "sweet spot". So I can assume that the 2 days that have lapsed since I decreased the run time is sufficient time to assess any possible change in FC output? Thank you.

Kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.