Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question Regarding SWG Run Time

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Question Regarding SWG Run Time

I am in the process of adjusting my SWG run time (or %-age) to generate my target level of FC (i.e. 4-6 ppm). Since my level of FC has been about 14 ppm, a couple of days ago I decreased the amount of run time from 6 to 3 hours daily & kept the same percentage at 35%. I noticed that the FC level has not changed. Should I allow more time to lapse before further decreasing the SWG run time or percentage? As indicated below, my spa capacity is 2,200 gallons. Thank you kindly.

Kit
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question Regarding SWG Run Time

It appears that you have actually found the sweet spot for the SWG and your pool. Meaning that FC added = FC lost. The caveat is that you started at 14 ppm. You could either reduce the percentage until the FC drops to your target or shut it off completely. Once you FC drops closer to your target then turn your SGW back on or back up 3 hrs @ 35% and it should hold true until bather load of increase sun requires a little more.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the response. Hopefully I have indeed found the "sweet spot". So I can assume that the 2 days that have lapsed since I decreased the run time is sufficient time to assess any possible change in FC output? Thank you.

Kit
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Your FC will probably drop 2 or 3 ppm per day. Plus, bather load.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the guideline.

Kit
    Kit