iAqualink or OmniLogic

First post to the forum which I just located ... I need remote access to my pool as I travel consistently and the family isn't ready to take on pool controls at this point. My research has led me to either the OmniLogic or Aqualink so I can keep an eye on the pool as well as control the flow and temperature from a distance.

I have a very basic setup with a Hayward 1 speed pump, Hayward gas heater and Hayward sand filter. Understand both systems are overkill and can downgrade but my need of remote access limits my choices.

Open to your thoughts of one system vs. the other as well as any other automation systems.

What did you decide? My builder has Hayward Omnilogic web enabled remote control included, but pool owners I've met in person said Aqualink is the best. So now I'm not sure if I should question his choice?
I would also like to hear opinions on the current versions of these two automation systems. My contract specified a Hayward Omnilogic controller. However, my PB installed Jandy equipment and the iAqualink RS system instead without telling me. The iAqualink app seems to work OK for basic functions, but the web portal requirement for anything else like setting up schedules is annoying. Anyone have recent experience with both options that can weigh in on the advantages of one or the other?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.