Re: HELP!! CH high

Welcome to TFP :)

We would love to give you some help but we really need some good numbers, pool stores are very bad at this... check out the links in my signature below, the TF100 is a great test kit but you can also get the K-2006C

Welcome to TFP!

As everyone says the key to success at TFP is testing your own water with a good test kit. We have lots of folks who make adjustments to their pool based on test strips or pool store test results only to find out later that the number was wrong. Often, including with CH, the only way lower it if you raise it too high is a partial drain of the pool.

Here is where we like to start with maintaining your pool, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

If your vinyl lined WITH a heater it likely needs to be minimum of 225 to not void the warranty (see your heater's manual)
if no heater then technically where you are at is fine.

If plaster/gunite/concrete it should be 250-350

But do post your full test results first.

I had my water tested and it says my CH is 90. What do I use to raise CH?!
Short answer, and I'm not being facetious, is Calcium Increaser. It's the same stuff as Ice Melt, but I don't know how common that is in your part of Texas. You can buy CH increaser at any pool store and most anyplace that sells pool chemicals, like Walmart or Lowes.

That being said... if yours is a vinyl pool, you don't need Calcium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.