New robot or replace old pressure side pool cleaner? Opinions please...

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
The house we just bought still has the original Pentair Legend (pressure) pool cleaner, but it has seen it last days going on 8 years old now. Weighing my options of buying a new Polaris 280 for $465 OR buying a new robotic Dolphin Nautilus Plus for $700. I would hate to buy the Polaris then have something break on the booster pump and spend an extra $250-400 replacing the pump down the rode. I figured it's almost a no brainer to just forget about the pressure line and pump all together and just go with the new Dolphin. I have a lot of landscaping around my pool and 3 banana magnolia trees that tend to drop a lot of debris in the pool (leaves and flower buds) and I would think the Dolphin would just do a much better job at picking it all up from everything I've read. Just looking for some input from you guys. Thoughts?

Also, if I decide to go with the Dolphin, is there anything I need to do with my pressure return line or booster pump? Like capping it off, cutting power off to booster pump, etc? Or should I leave it open? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.