Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cover pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cover pump

Hello,
    My pool cover pump all of a sudden blows the circuit when I plug it back in. Not sure why, but I suppose I need a new one. This one is only 2 seasons old. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent pump? The one I have now is a Rule Pool Cover Pump (1800).
    Thanks,
    Doug
    13,500 Gallon Gunite Aggregate Finish, DE, SWG, 2.0 HP pump, 1.0 HP pump for 3 Sheer Descents

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cover pump

I have had great luck with the little giant pumps. The one I have has the pump plug that then plugs into the float diaphragm plug. To pump off the excess water on our auto cover I bypass the float till it pumps almost to zero water on the cover. I think this is the one we have.

The Little Giant 505600 1200 GPH Pool Cover Pump is designed for use on swimming pool covers. The pool cover pump has a stabilizing plate and an automatic switch which can both be removed. The automatic switch activates in about 2 1/4 inches of water and turns off in about 1 1/2 inches. There is also a manual operating mode which allows it to pump down to about 1/8 inch. The pump includes a 25 foot cord and a garden hose adapter. The Little Giant product number is 505600 and the model number is 5-APCP.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool cover pump

Thanks wjr75!
    13,500 Gallon Gunite Aggregate Finish, DE, SWG, 2.0 HP pump, 1.0 HP pump for 3 Sheer Descents