Need help with Drain issue

Mar 3, 2013
Pool was existing when I bought the house. I never understood why just one end of the pool had this awful triangle cut into the concrete (See pic)

So last year I had the triangle filled in. It was great in the fact that I now could put a table and chairs on that end of the pool. However as soon as it rained I found out why the triangle was there!

Water just collected in that area and i'm assuming this was an original problem and the triangle was cut into the deck at one point. I know I could knock the entire triangle out and fix the problem but i'm thinking I could maybe just have someone cut a round, square or rectangular drain in that area and the water could drain into the soil / rock that is there.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so have an idea of a type of drain to use ?

Attachments

• 11188300_10206603949521162_6037485642625826686_n.jpg
    11188300_10206603949521162_6037485642625826686_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 75
Vinnie,

Where I work they had to install some new electrical work. Our 2nd floor is about 18" of solid concrete. They cut a 4" hole in it like cutting butter. So, yes it can be done. I have no idea of the cost.

I think a better idea would be to put pavers there with a couple of spacers to let the water flow through.

Jim R.

It will only drain if the soil below is permeable. If it is clay or solid rock below the surface the water will just pond on the surface and eventually evaporate. It is a pretty small area to try and drop a dry well anyway. Not that it can't be effective with the right soil, just going to be a little more difficult due to the small working area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.