Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New (to us) pool... now what!?!

1. Back To Top    #1

New (to us) pool... now what!?!

Hi all-

A friend was getting rid of his above ground pool this weekend, and I made the mistake, I mean, was nice enough to show the ad to my wife. So, we are now the proud owners of a used pool. It's not beautiful, but it seems to be functional. He suggested a new liner, so I'm going to go ahead and do that. My first, of I'm sure many, concerns is that some of the metal base tracks (that the metal edge sits into) are pretty badly rusted. A couple are also bent rather severely, as a result of their being removed from the ground.

I haven't been able to find anything on the pool parts themselves to identify what make of pool it is. The friend had all of the paperwork from buying it though. It was bought through Namco (not sure if they're just a New England thing, or not), and it says "24ft Oasis B" on the sales receipt. The warrantee sheet says that it's warrantied by Asahi. So, my belief is that it's an Asahi pool, and I've read on here that they commonly make pools that are sold under other names.

I've found the website, but they don't seem to have the base tracks on there. So, the question is, are these all the same, or similar? If not, any thoughts on where I can get the correct type of parts?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions, and some of them will probably be dumb, so please bear with me! I appreciate all the help you can provide me.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Northern IL

Re: New (to us) pool... now what!?!

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully someone will be around to help shortly.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Welcome to TFP

I did not find an Oasis pool but I did find some rails, you would need to measure them out and make sure they will work.. at 10 dollars a piece you may be able to replace all of them
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

You have done it now!!!!!!!! Another toy to play with and fix up! LOL You are going to LOVE having a pool.

I would call or email the maker and ask them about replacement track. To me they should all be about the same for the same size pool. I would look into getting resin tracks to replace the metal ones for the rust reason.

How does the wall look? You can sand it down and paint it to help if there is any rust on it.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!