No multi port valve for back washing filters

So I noticed I do not have a multi port valve to backwash and rinse etc etc.

What do people do in this case?

Thanks for any info in advance

Jp.
If you have a cartridge filter, you remove the element for cleaning. Some filters use a simple push-pull backwash valve. Some (like mine) have the valve built into the base.

You need to fill out your signature so people know what kind of equipment you have.

Ooh wee! That's a maze of pipeline. :) You appear to have a cartridge filter set-up. Probably 4 cartridges inside. Plumbing is simply one way in (suction) and one way out (pressure back to the pool). We have no plunger or multiport vale to backwash like a sand or DE filter. So periodically, when the filter gauge increase by about 25% from its original clean psi, you remove those cartridges inside, use a pressure nozzle to clean them off, and reinstall. Easy stuff.

Now I did notice you have that one hose spigot at the top of that "T" filling above one of the pumps, but that is probably just there as an added feature for pressurized spraying or water draining, but not backwashing.

I suspect it will look something like this: Cleaning a Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.