Pool finish and need your advise....thks

SUPERHEROIC

Gold Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
MIAMI
Hello Guys

I am building and now forming a new lagoon style pool with grotto. I am torn on the pool finish and we are willing to get glass from NPT. I heard just now from my builder that the warrantee is impossible to meet if we have an issue and is trying to turn me to stonescape instead. Please advise, we love the sparkle and depth of glass.

Do you mean glass NPT for the WHOLE pool????????? That would be some serious BLING!

I would talk to NPT about their warranty to see what THEY say and go from there.

Kim

Yes, for the whole pool and change only the glass or jewelscape for the sun-shelf. Will be happy to provide pictures after. The grotto will be with Rico Rock. This has been our dream for over 10 yrs. Pool with grotto is going to run 150k so we need to be spot on. Miami by the way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you say Miami I am guessing Miami, FL?? You are going to blind me all the way up here in T-town! LOL

You can also become a supporting member to get more photo storage and a discount on the test kit.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

I can't wait to see it all.

Kim

Hello I would love to send you all photos and plans but I am horrible at this. Can you give me step by step on how to add these? I can upload but dont see where to hit "done" to process? I can also email them so you can add them here if that is ok. What do you mean by test kit? Thank you!

This thread has step-by-step instructions for uploading and posting photos from photobucket:

Posting Photo's Tutorial

Thk u very much azdesertpool. Here is the grotto idea and pool layout. Now I am trying to decide the filter to use since I am using all Hayward products. Cartiage, DE (earth) or sand. I was told the most common in Miami FL is swimclear multi element or single. But multi has more maintenance. Any advise is very much appreciated.

The base of TFP is taking care of your own pool using this as the guideline:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

In order to do this you will need your own test kit. Yeah I know the pool store (PS) will test your water for free BUT is it really free if you walk out with $$ of stuff? The PS is in business to make money. They make money by testing your water and telling you want to buy to "fix" it. Most of the stuff can be bought at Target or Walmart for far cheaper!

Here is TFP we do this for thanks and smiles.........we have nothing to gain from helping you take care of your pool except a picture or two of your pretty pool.

Look in my siggy for the test kit we have found to be the best bang for the buck.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link about the different filters.

Pool School - Pool Filter Comparison

Kim (I LOVE my sand filter!)

Hey

I will support the site I think its awesome with all the advise and comments. I am installing 40K AQUA RITE 940 SALT SYSTEM #GLX-CELL-15 and would like to know what you think about the silver/cooper ionization 25k gallons? Thks

I just became a gold supporter. GREAT SITE AND GREAT JOB GUYS! Please do add gold membership to my account and I would like an extra large t shirt :)

Here is a link about the different filters.

Pool School - Pool Filter Comparison

Kim (I LOVE my sand filter!)[/QUOTE]

This is the equipment from Hayward I am considering buying. Any input is appreciated.

2.7 HP ECO STAR VARIABLE SPEED PUMP #SP3400VSP (CURRENTLY $100 REBATE)

1.5 HP DUAL SPEED SPA PUMP #SP2610X152S SPA

2 HP AIR BLOWER 2HP (WHAT BRAND AND MODEL ARE YOU RECOMMENDING SINCE HAYWARD DOES NOT PROVIDE)

40K AQUA RITE 940 SALT SYSTEM #GLX-CELL-15 (CELL ONLY/NOT CONTROLLER/NOT NEEDED DUE TO OMNI LOGIC SYSTEM) (CURRENTLY $100 REBATE)

3 COLOR LOGIC 4.0 LED POOL LIGHTS 120V WITH GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT BREAKERS 100WATTS (DIMMABLE VIA CELL) #SP0527SLED100 THESE ARE SS FACE TRIM (101 FIXED COLORS AND 11 DYNAMIC SHOWS INTEGRATED INTO OMNI LOGIC SYSTEM)

1 COLOR LOGIC LED SPA LIGHT 50 WATTS SP0535SLED50 SS FACE TRIM

BOTH LED LIGHTS SYSTEMS CAN BE SYNCED TO OMNI LOGIC SYSTEM

1-500K LP POOL HEATER #H500FDP

1—SILVER AND COPPER IONIZATION SYSTEM FOR 25K GALLONS WITH THE COMPANY I GAVE YOU

AQUAVAC500 HOSE LESS ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER (CURRENTLY $100 REBATE)

OMNI LOGIC AUTOMATION WITH 4 RELAYS TO CONTROL ALL INCLUDING BLOWER FOR SPA #HL-BASE

ANTENNA FOR OMNI LOGIC AUTOMATION #HL-WLAN

200 POOL FILTER SWIM CLEAR MULTI ELEMENT #C3030

Many folks at TFP recommend using an SWG. But, we definitely do NOT recommend the copper/silver ionization system. It will not sanitize your pool, will not kill algae any better than chlorine does and it will add copper to your pool. Once copper levels get high enough it will turn hair and fingernails green and can stain your pool surface. There are a lot of people on TFP spending a lot of time and money trying to get the copper out of their pool.

More here,
Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

Many folks at TFP recommend using an SWG. But, we definitely do NOT recommend the copper/silver ionization system. It will not sanitize your pool, will not kill algae any better than chlorine does and it will add copper to your pool. Once copper levels get high enough it will turn hair and fingernails green and can stain your pool surface. There are a lot of people on TFP spending a lot of time and money trying to get the copper out of their pool.

More here,
Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

Hello what is SWG and where can I read up on this? Also where can I read up on this copper/silver ionization. Thank you for the heads up and advise. i will read ur link.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.