Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic 101 or 101R

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic 101 or 101R

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 models? Recommend one over the other? I ordered the 101R w/ exterior enclosure and it came today. I was under the impression that it would have available room for 2 loads? It only had 1? Is this a mix up and they installed the 101 module?
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic 101 or 101R

The "R" indicates that it's in a NEMA 3R housing. Without the "R" it' in NEMA 1 indoor housing.

The 101 in all it's versions only has one circuit. The 103 has two circuits.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

In case you don't know what the NEMA ratings are:

T101, with the R designation represents that comes in a Rain tight box (out door, all weather).
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

Lol thx guys I feel stupid now. Every pic of the 101r shows 2 circuits for some reason. Good to know and maybe if I slowed down for a minute and looked into it further I wouldn't have to be asking silly questions.
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey there Count, thanks for asking those questions so I don't have too. We learn new things here everyday at TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!