A few weeks ago, my wife and I saw an article about a man that passed away while trying to save his daughter who was getting shocked in their pool. Apparently everyone that jumped in was turning blue and when the father noticed this, he jumped in.
I have a light on the deep end wall, but don't ever plan on using it. They mention faulty wiring or water getting into the "fixtures".
My question (and I know that it may be impossible to answer), is that wouldn't there have to be something electrical turned on in the pool for this to occur?
Link to article: Electric shock in pool kills man, injures 5 kids