Water Sample Apparatus on Extension Pole

use a 1/2 inch PVC about 3 to 4 feet long and use it like a straw, dip into the pool about 2 feet, hold the top, pull out of pool and put over bowl, or whatever the water is going into and let go of the end.. :)

If you put your finger over the opening before putting the pipe in the water and then remove your finger when fully in, the water will be drawn from that depth.

You could also glue a low cost PVC valve to the end of the pipe. Close before inserting, open once pipe is 18" or more in water, close valve before pulling out.

Personally, I just use a 4' length of ½" PVC as a pipette. I leave the sample cup on deck and just plunge the pipe in with my thumb capping it, let go, let it fill, cap it, and pull it out and let it drain into the cup. But that still involves some kneeling to set the cup down.

I can't find it now, but somebody rigged up a water bottle and a PVC pipe with some bungie cords and made a sampler that way.

Seems if you attach the sample bottle at an angle, you can push it under upside down so there's an air bubble trapped inside, then turn it over at the right depth and let it fill up. Then just pull it out. You can do the whole thing standing up.

Personally, I just use a 4' length of ½" PVC as a pipette. I leave the sample cup on deck and just plunge the pipe in with my thumb capping it, let go, let it fill, cap it, and pull it out and let it drain into the cup. But that still involves some kneeling to set the cup down.

I can't find it now, but somebody rigged up a water bottle and a PVC pipe with some bungie cords and made a sampler that way.

Seems if you attach the sample bottle at an angle, you can push it under upside down so there's an air bubble trapped inside, then turn it over at the right depth and let it fill up. Then just pull it out. You can do the whole thing standing up.

Thanks. I'll try that - doesn't seem to difficult.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.