Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purchased in December, new to pool ownership

1. Back To Top    #1

Purchased in December, new to pool ownership

Hello everyone, I've posted a few times but skipped over the intro, so here it is.

We purchased a house in December, both house and pool were built in 2003. The pool is roughly a 32k free form, pebble tec pool with two shallow ends. Luckily my brother in law and wife's two uncles all live on the lake we moved to and all have pools, so I have a bunch of people to lean on. Awaiting on a P9550 since the previous pool guy owned the Polaris 280 and just recently picked it up.

EDIT: I need to take a picture with the waterfall on.

pool.jpg
    ~35k Free Form Pool, Polaris P9550, Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 Filter, Centurion 2.2 Pool Pump, Polaris Booster Pump, Pool Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Purchased in December, new to pool ownership

Beautiful!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

wow!! and double wow!! I am having serious pool envy! I would probably never go inside my house again.

beautiful

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by katz840 View Post
    wow!! and double wow!! I am having serious pool envy! I would probably never go inside my house again.

beautiful
    With two, highly energetic little girls and access to the lake, that's our plan!
    ~35k Free Form Pool, Polaris P9550, Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 Filter, Centurion 2.2 Pool Pump, Polaris Booster Pump, Pool Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I foresee many cannonballs from various angles attempted in this pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    I foresee many cannonballs from various angles attempted in this pool.
    Very true. I'm trying to convince my wife we need a spring board (kidding.......sort of). I was reckless in my younger years and learned to do some interesting maneuvers off of a diving board.

7. Back To Top    #7

So tell us the truth! You bought the POOL and it just happened to come with a house! LOL THAT is so pretty!

And yes PLEASE take a pic of it with the waterfall on!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    So tell us the truth! You bought the POOL and it just happened to come with a house! LOL THAT is so pretty!

And yes PLEASE take a pic of it with the waterfall on!

Kim
    Ha, I'll have to admit, the pool really helped! My brother in law lives a few houses down and has a really nice pool that overlooks the lake. The neighborhood is only about 14 years old, its a gated community with only 50 lots. Half of the lots are on the lake, the other half isn't. All of the pools in the neighborhood are really nice, especially the ones that overlook the lake. We got lucky on this house, the people were ready to move and kept up with everything.

I'll take a pic tonight when I get home.