Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened my pool after doing TFPC last year......

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened my pool after doing TFPC last year......

And guess what, It was perfectly clear after taking the winter cover off. It still had 5 FC!
    I just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful site!
    Lomart 18x48 AGP 7000Gal
    Hayward S210T w/Hayward 1hp Power-Flo Matrix Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 w/Speedstir!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened my pool after doing TFPC last year......

Pictures or it didn't happen.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I knew you were gonna say that Richard lol

You can see the bugs and other junk that blew in over the winter on the bottom. BUT THE WATER IS CRYSTAL CLEAR.....and 57* burrrrrr
    Lomart 18x48 AGP 7000Gal
    TF-100 w/Speedstir!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

That is one great opening pic, congrats
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Should be a smooth opening the rest of the way. Well done!

I'm guessing mine looks about the same. Still hiding under the cover. 70s outside this weekend means I might consider opening... but the water is probably still 50 or less.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats! I'm feeling the love too. Last year was my first full season using the TFP method and I also had nice clean water upon removing the cover. The only troubling part was my FC was 0. A little bit of debris made it past my safety cover because of the ferocious winds we get out here on the great plains, so I don't know if that had something to do with it. But all the other numbers were fine and after raising FC the water is crystal clear. And that's without using anything but bleach and MA for maintenance for all of last year. I do have it easy because my back yard doesn't have any landscaping (yet) so we get very little plant debris in the pool besides grass clippings and the occasional stray leaf. And toads. Lots and lots and lots of toads. Oh Lort the toads!
    22,000 Gal. IG Vinyl, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Zodiac T5 cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

That is awesome! LOL on the pictures! You KNOW we love our pictures! That is our "paycheck" for doing this!

Did you know you can become a supporting member and help us keep the lights on? Here is the link:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

You get more photo storage and a discount of the test kits. We get more smiles and pictures! Win-win!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice way to start-off the swimming season .... even if it is still too chilly for a dip.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Nice way to start-off the swimming season .... even if it is still too chilly for a dip.
    Too chilly? Says who? I got in at 50 last year, and 55 this year. I haven't been back in, but it's a pool opening christening.
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks guys, I've been telling people about this opening and they don't believe me!
    Lomart 18x48 AGP 7000Gal
    TF-100 w/Speedstir!

11. Back To Top    #11

Mine was clear too other than the worms that crawled in and settled over the bottom.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

12. Back To Top    #12

It's amazing, isn't it? I peaked under my cover over the weekend and water is still perfectly clear!
    Dedicated TFPer since 2012 with recommended test kit
    Above ground, 30 foot round pool, 21,000 gallons
    Hayward 150 sq foot cartridge filter, 1HP Waterway pump
    Raypak 400K BTU NG Heater!
    Installed in 2006? (just a guess, pool came with house I purchased in June 2012)

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by JSlabotsky View Post
    I also had nice clean water upon removing the cover. The only troubling part was my FC was 0.
    FC=0 is to be expected after several months without adding any.
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

14. Back To Top    #14

My fc was 7 when I opened last year, and around 5 this year. I only have mine closed for about 4 months before I can't stand not seeing the water anymore.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100