Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with finding Stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with finding Stairs

I have a pool that i bought last year and the standard ladder has worked well for now. I have now built a deck around the one end of the pool and i am looking for some stairs to mate with the deck into the pool. The problem i am finding is that the stairs i am seeing expect your angle at the base to be a 45 degree angle and very short curve distance. Well my
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52" has a 45 degree angle that starts 1 foot up on the side and ends 1 foot out at the bottom of the pool. I bought some stairs i thought would work for around $400 and found out after assembly that they will not get anywhere close to the edge due to this issue. Any one have some suggestions for me as to what to do about it or where i can get proper stairs for my pool that attach to my newly built deck?

Pool Stairs IMG_0165.jpg

Wolfmansb
    14,364gal AGP
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52"
    Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System - 2,650 GPH

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with finding Stairs

The stairs I bought are the Grand Entrance above Ground by Ocean Wave.
    Grand Entrance Above Ground in Pool Steps by Ocean Blue Wedding Cake Style | eBay
    Wolfmansb
    14,364gal AGP
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52"
    Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System - 2,650 GPH

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP, I have the same exact pool and was worried about that, so I got these and the work perfect.. I have them modified and using weights instead of sand but they work great..

Amazon.com : Confer Above Ground Swimming Pool Curve Base Steps : Swimming Pool Ladders : Patio, Lawn Garden

Don't mind the leaves, these pic's are from opening

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to TFP, I have the same exact pool and was worried about that, so I got these and the work perfect.. I have them modified and using weights instead of sand but they work great..

Amazon.com : Confer Above Ground Swimming Pool Curve Base Steps : Swimming Pool Ladders : Patio, Lawn Garden

Don't mind the leaves, these pic's are from opening

Those are nice steps cowboy casey!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter