Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I had a safety cover installed on my new pool's paver patio this past September. I was inspecting it today, as we're removing the cover soon, and I found that 5 of the brass anchors are rising up from the pavers. Is this normal for a new cover? Or is this indicative of a poor install?

If it's likely a poor install, do you think I actually have a chance to get the company to fix the issue? If yes, what would fixing it entail? Would they have to replace the pavers that were drilled into and redrill the holes? (I was thinking that maybe they drilled them too wide) Or should it be as simple as them hammering the anchor back down and just making that particular strap loser? (if maybe this just happened from them having the cover too tight)

No worries if there's not a clear answer on this - just figured I'd ask in case anyone had experience with this type of problem, or to at least find out if this is a common issue with this type of cover and if I shouldn't expect much to be done to fix the issue.

Here are a couple of pics to show you all what I mean:

IMG_3270_zpsqjhvdgfo.jpg

IMG_3265_zpszsti2fdg.jpg

Thanks!

I'd guess they probably drilled them to spec, but in your application with the cover angled up to a raised spa or bond beam, there is sufficient force that they are migrating up.

Definitely give them a call and let them know. Any installer worth his salt would have a solution for that. Could be as simple as pulling the anchor out, wrapping it with something and tapping it back down in.

Yeah, most of the ones that are rising are the ones by my raised spa. However, a couple are not, like this one:

IMG_3267_zps0nszd9ho.jpg

I'll point it out to the installer and hopefully he'll do the right thing and fix them.

Thanks.

I don't know if it will be the same with pavers, but I had three come out of my concrete deck last year. I bought a tube of concrete epoxy from Lowes and glued them back in. That stuff is like jb weld in a caulk tube. I'd bet they use something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it will be the same with pavers, but I had three come out of my concrete deck last year. I bought a tube of concrete epoxy from Lowes and glued them back in. That stuff is like jb weld in a caulk tube. I'd bet they use something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info! If they don't fix it right I'll try that out.

A couple of points here. First I think that your application is the problem. Your straps along with the freeze thaw cycle is raising these. Have you tried knocking them back in with a rubber mallet?
Second I'd think long and hard before epoxying in these in. Once that is done they are in and unless you have extra pavers could be something you will regret if one of the tops snaps off.

A couple of points here. First I think that your application is the problem. Your straps along with the freeze thaw cycle is raising these. Have you tried knocking them back in with a rubber mallet?
Second I'd think long and hard before epoxying in these in. Once that is done they are in and unless you have extra pavers could be something you will regret if one of the tops snaps off.

No, I didn't try knocking them back in. I have a feeling they will go right back down if I do so. I just wasn't sure if that's a good solution, as I was thinking that they would probably just rise back up next season (or possibly pop out next time). Is it typical to have to deal with the anchors rising every now and then?

Good point about the snap off potential.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.