Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old pool rehab - Please help - vinyl liner In ground pool with deck mount coping

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Old pool rehab - Please help - vinyl liner In ground pool with deck mount coping

I need options as I want to make this pool look new. I would prefer the aesthetics of a bullnose paver over the coping but I would be open to replacing with a new acrylic cover and tidying it up. I plan to outsource the liner install, plumbing, and new pump system. The patio and any pavers or coping cover install I would prefer to do myself.

If anyone has ever rehabbed this type of pool, please share any advice. Thank you - David

image.jpgimage.jpg
    I have an old in-ground steel wall pool that I inherited when I purchased my home last year. My guess is that the pool was installed around 1980. The dimensions are 16x36 with hexagonal ends.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old pool rehab - Please help - vinyl liner In ground pool with deck mount coping

Welcome to TFP David!

I'm not sure I can recall one off hand, but some others may remmber. Lots of options on coping and all, so I'd just say keep an open mind. TFPers love a re-mod, so I'm sure you'll get some input. Good luck on your project.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Old pool rehab - Please help - vinyl liner In ground pool with deck mount coping

Yes, great to have you here!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/showthread.php?t=69874

This wasn't a remodel but it was a fantastic vinyl install with bullnose coping and lots of extras.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Old pool rehab - Please help - vinyl liner In ground pool with deck mount coping

Welcome to TFP! Good luck on your reno!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach