Old pool/new owner

Starting point-April 17

April-18 slightly better

Today April 25
That's R2-H2O down there cleaning the pool.

So, at this point, my FC drops less than 1ppm overnight. My CC is .5ppm or less. How "clear" do we expect the water to consider SLAM complete?
I'm losing a good bit of chlorine (usually more than a gallon) to the sun during the day. Should I raise my CYA now? It is currently at 30.

Clear enough to see the screws heads on the drain cover. You are close but still have a ways to go. I would keep the CYA where it is or you will have to use more FC to finish the SLAM. Keep it up! It will be worth it!

Kim :cat:

Went out of the country for a week and a half and came back yesterday to clear water, a little algae on the sides and no FC. Brought the chlorine back to 12, scrubbed the sides really good and put R2 back to work.
This afternoon my FC is down to 4.5 with no CCs. Did get some nasty out the filter when I backwashed it.
Is it time to get my CYA up to around 40? And, then maintain my FC at 2-3?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jimbo. Since you had some algae present when you returned, just make sure to confirm your CYA at the present moment and bump your FC to SLAM level right away (i.e. CYA 30 = FC of 12; CYA of 40 = FC of 16). Stay at it until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria like normal. Judging by your water, it shouldn't take too long, but best to do it right now. After the SLAM, just try and maintain your target FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.