Better pH Test?

Thanks everyone! Went out before work this morning. Was able to see what everyone was talking about. My pH reading isn't accurate right now because keeping chlorine elevated to SLAM levels to clear out the rest of the algae, but I was able to distinguish the shade and understanding.

Thanks everyone!

I believe that you can adjust the number of drops with the Taylor test to get the intensity to match. I have found it much easier to match with 4 drops rather than 5. Also don't mix, just flip once and it should be mixed enough.

You could also consider taking a picture with you phone, I find the colors sometimes easier to identify in a digital picture.

Mod note: PLEASE follow the directions given with the test as far as how many drops to add for each test. To do otherwise might not give you the correct results. Kim

Mod note: PLEASE follow the directions given with the test as far as how many drops to add for each test. To do otherwise might not give you the correct results. Kim

Thanks. Followed the advice in this thread and was able to see the shade. It was a combination lighting problem and use error.

Still wish I could get a drop test like FC/CH/TA, but I understand why the chemistry wouldn't work.

Thanks,
Alex

Sometimes I also am not sure what the PH is (because I am not sure what color it is at). I was thinking that the Acid demand test of the Taylor K-2006 might be very useful. Suppose for example I am not sure that my PH is, but that I add three drops of Acid demand and my PH drops to 7.4 (and I am sure based on that color that it is 7.4). Then I can figure out what my initial PH was. In other words, by adding the acid demand, I may get to a color that I am confident of.

Is it possible to incorporate the acid demand test into the TFT 100 kit or do I need to purchase both the acid demand and the PH test of the Taylor K-2006.

Sometimes I also am not sure what the PH is (because I am not sure what color it is at). I was thinking that the Acid demand test of the Taylor K-2006 might be very useful. Suppose for example I am not sure that my PH is, but that I add three drops of Acid demand and my PH drops to 7.4 (and I am sure based on that color that it is 7.4). Then I can figure out what my initial PH was. In other words, by adding the acid demand, I may get to a color that I am confident of.

Is it possible to incorporate the acid demand test into the TFT 100 kit or do I need to purchase both the acid demand and the PH test of the Taylor K-2006.

That is something to look at. Once I get this fixed, going to be keeping CYA in the 50-60 range, so the basic chlorine test won't be terribly helpful.

The CYA/pH combo mentioned earlier, but the acid demand test might give me what I'm looking for.

Thank you everyone, you've been super helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.