Long time swimmer, first time pool owner

Apr 11, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hello,

Bought a house in Dallas in August, first time owning a pool. Hired a guy to maintain the pool, but I don't think he's done a very good job (I end up cleaning the pool weekly it seems, and his concept of pool chemicals is to drop a floater in with lots of chlorine). So, I've decided to take over maintaining the pool myself. Ordering a TF100 test kit. Been perusing through the site for a couple weeks, and am finally ready to make the move of maintaining the pool myself.

Cheers,

Gonzo

HI! I am so glad to see you! WONDERFUL on getting the good test kit! You are going to LOVE how your pool looks with your own test kit AND your wallet will be very happy to have more money in it!

Tell me the story about your user name! It is cute!

Kim

Cool, post your results when you get the kit and I am sure you will get a ton of suggestions on the steps to take. Even if you think you have the process down it can be a good double check on your learning to have others chime in. Good luck.

Thanks for the welcome.

Name is a combination of my nickname (Gonzo), and I served in the Marines, who are also called Devil Dogs.

I'm definitely going to need a lot of help. I can only imagine how crazy my readings will be. I don't think the person I've been using has done a single reading, and has done it all based on "feel". When we bought the house, the pool was bright green, and he did a good job of turning. So, he was helpful, but he never backwashed, until I asked about the 30+psi on the pump, and I swear he wouldn't empty all the baskets each week. I basically have rebuilt my polaris 280. Now, i need to solve an electrical issue with the booster pump. Fun stuff. With summer right around the corner, and it being the first summer we have had a pool, I'm excited about it being a sparkling clean one that my whole family can enjoy.

Welcome. You're off to a great start with the test kit. Pool School is full of info that will guide you to a trouble free pool. We're here for all your questions!