Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wet edge primera stone, anyone?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet edge primera stone, anyone?

Does anyone have pics to share of their Wet Edge primera stone. We are leaning towards this, however, my husband really likes the mini pebble. My kids will be in that pool 24/7 and usually they come out of the pool with red/sore feet! Those of you that went with the primera stone, are you impressed? Also, we liked the color of the stonescapes, tahoe blue, that we had seen in a PB's model pool. We like the more natural greenish blue color thats more dark (not too dark), than light. I want to be able to see whats at the bottom of the pool. Any help on this would be appreciated!!
    My 2016 pool build Owner build 104' free form IG sport pool,20'x36' (18,300 gal)~7'x8' raised spa with spillover~Oklahoma flagstone coping~12" raised beam with dry stack wallC~Cascading waterfall grotto with flat moss rock~630 sqft salted concrete deck~Deep blue sea-prism matrix~2 Hp Jandy epump~1.5 Jandy stealth~CL580 cartridge filter~Jandy jxi heater~iaqua link 2.0 ~dolphin m500 robot~LED pool lights (2 pool, 1 spa)~TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Wet edge primera stone, anyone?

I'll let someone else chime in on the primera stone specifically, but my understanding is that you can see the bottom of the pool regardless of color as long as your water is well kept and clear. The only exception might be black bottom pools on a cloudy day or at night without any lights on.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wet edge primera stone, anyone?

After researching many of the different plasters, if we had the money we would use Primera stone. Seems to be the smoothest longest lasting finish that you just polish smooth when necessary. Now keep in mind this is just from what I have read and not first hand experience.

We are probably going to get Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue. We want a nice rich blue, not too light and not too dark.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

We have Primera Stone in a dark finish (Kona Black). It really looks good to us, it is a dark green/blue, not black at all. We love the lack of texture/smooth finish. We just got back from Hawaii and a few pools were similar in color there. I think the color is more like the ocean water in south Maui than Kona - but color names are just that.

Let me know if you want additional details.

edit: Here is a shot in direct sun probably around noon.

IMG_20150810_173228451[1].jpg
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzpool View Post
    We have Primera Stone in a dark finish (Kona Black). It really looks good to us, it is a dark green/blue, not black at all. We love the lack of texture/smooth finish. We just got back from Hawaii and a few pools were similar in color there. I think the color is more like the ocean water in south Maui than Kona - but color names are just that.

Let me know if you want additional details.

edit: Here is a shot in direct sun probably around noon.

IMG_20150810_173228451[1].jpg
    Thank you for the picture! We are still trying to decide between that one and now considering the prism matrix glossy black. If you have any other pics, I would love to see. It seems lighter than what I was thinking. Does it shimmer in the sunlight?
    My 2016 pool build Owner build 104' free form IG sport pool,20'x36' (18,300 gal)~7'x8' raised spa with spillover~Oklahoma flagstone coping~12" raised beam with dry stack wallC~Cascading waterfall grotto with flat moss rock~630 sqft salted concrete deck~Deep blue sea-prism matrix~2 Hp Jandy epump~1.5 Jandy stealth~CL580 cartridge filter~Jandy jxi heater~iaqua link 2.0 ~dolphin m500 robot~LED pool lights (2 pool, 1 spa)~TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought Kona Black would be much darker than that too! Looks beautiful! We are considering Primera Stone in Tahoe Coast and now worried it will be too light.
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

7. Back To Top    #7

It is lighter than I expected a little, but we are pretty happy with it. In some light it does look dark, but we have lots of sun and not a lot of shade or things that cast dark colors in the area...

2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you!! It looks really pretty!