Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin s300i question

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin s300i question

Does anyone know what the different settings are on the panel?

I cannot seem to find my card and I have searched the all over the internet. I have downloaded the users manual and it is not in there.

Thnx,

Chris
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin s300i question

This what your looking for?
    Power Supply 2015

Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Daxton View Post
    This what your looking for?
    Power Supply 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YES! Thanks, I have looked everywhere.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you happy with the dolphin S 300 I? I'm trying to choose between that and the DX 6

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    Are you happy with the dolphin S 300 I? I'm trying to choose between that and the DX 6
    I have the s300 (without the "i"). Essentially the same cleaner. Very happy with it.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

I have one as well. I will say that this is the only cleaner that I've ever bought for a pool so my experience is limited. The previous owner of my home was using a Platinum Legend pressure side cleaner which he left with us when we purchased the home. Although many people have great success with these type of cleaners, it didn't take long before I realized I wanted an upgrade. Besides the large variety of settings available, I think what sold me was the dual filter setup. It does a great job on my pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

Just finished a cleaning cycle. I was observing its operation for a bit and it appears that when it scrubs at the tile line the thrusters "shimmy" it sideways to cover more linear surface. Also, after a 2-hr cycle the cord remained 100% untangled. And it's a good thing we really like our neighbors because the basket had about a pound of buds and random leaves in it (in addition to the pound or two in the skimmer basket).

As stated, very happy with the s300.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm having a terrible time finding a dealer in my area and can't seem to find a price. Would love to order one from somewhere and at this point I'm ready to skip the warranty just get the darn thing...reasonably priced of course....any suggestions?
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

9. Back To Top    #9

I paid $1,100 for my s300 (not the "i" model).
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL

10. Back To Top    #10

I found a local dealer when I bought mine but they only had the s300. They were happy to order the s300i for me and I still got the 2 year warranty. You may find that you have to drive a bit away from where you live to find a dealer that has it in stock or will order it for you. I was going to drive an hour and a half to purchase mine before I found a local dealer to order it for me. I think I paid $1300. Expensive I know when others have found it for cheaper, but I honestly feel like the purchase was worth it. Like I said in my previous post, the dual filter setup is just amazing. The s300 model doesn't have it so that's what made me go for the s300i.
    18K gal free form, IG vinyl, Starite System 3 DE filter 37 sqft, Autopilot Digi 220 SWG

11. Back To Top    #11

I guess I am robot challenged.

The Z5 didn't work out because it was way too rough on my pool and I sprouted a lot of holes in my liner. Maytronics replaced my Z5 with the s300i. I got it last fall and used it perhaps four times. It really seemed to do a great job and I LOVED it. No holes, much nicer to my liner etc. Now after using this thing several times this spring a few things I have noticed.

More than once I have come out to find it tipped over on its side. It falls off the sides of my pool and shuts off.

It goes side wise around the deep end of my pool about half way up. it spends very little time in the deep end and never gets one side of my pool.

I have to manually brush my entire deep end because it does such a poor job.

I really like so many things about this robot vs the Z5 but some things are really disappointing.

I have tried every setting and manipulation possible to get it to pay more attention to the deep end. Pump on, pump off dropping it directly in the deep end, driving it into the deep end etc.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    I guess I am robot challenged.

The Z5 didn't work out because it was way too rough on my pool and I sprouted a lot of holes in my liner. Maytronics replaced my Z5 with the s300i. I got it last fall and used it perhaps four times. It really seemed to do a great job and I LOVED it. No holes, much nicer to my liner etc. Now after using this thing several times this spring a few things I have noticed.

More than once I have come out to find it tipped over on its side. It falls off the sides of my pool and shuts off.

It goes side wise around the deep end of my pool about half way up. it spends very little time in the deep end and never gets one side of my pool.

I have to manually brush my entire deep end because it does such a poor job.

I really like so many things about this robot vs the Z5 but some things are really disappointing.

I have tried every setting and manipulation possible to get it to pay more attention to the deep end. Pump on, pump off dropping it directly in the deep end, driving it into the deep end etc.
    Can't really speak to its performance on anything other than my plaster pool. I have no experience with vinyl other than having been in one in Europe. I spent a lot of time watching my s300 in operation this weekend. As noted elsewhere, it was really good above the waterline. It walks up to the top until the active roller is exposed. It then scrubs the tile line while its thrusters assure that it maintains contact with the pool wall and then the side thruster moves it laterally along the tile line for about 6 feet or so. The cord has not yet tangled whatsoever (6 uses over past 2 weeks) and its tracks allow for crisp 90-degree turns. Saturday it did a perfect job and yesterday it cleaned 99% of the pool but left a 2X2' patch of small debris. I realized that it was due to my pool's construction. The plaster comes up the side to a radiused ledge all around the pool (about 3' below the tile line). The robot scrubs the ledge but cannot effectively vacuum because of the geometry of the ledge, but it collects the stuff it brushed off while it does its rounds of the pool floor. This patch was obviously swept off the ledge just before the cycle ended. Easy fix.

As for the collection basket, it is hands-down the best feature.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by smforte View Post
    I'm having a terrible time finding a dealer in my area and can't seem to find a price. Would love to order one from somewhere and at this point I'm ready to skip the warranty just get the darn thing...reasonably priced of course....any suggestions?
    Some authorized dealers are willing to ship. The price varies so if that's important call several and find one willing ship at a reasonable price. Also, the S and Active lines appear to be the same. I got the S300i but since the Active 30i is the same I'd be interested in the price comparison.
    60' x 20' L-shape, 23K gal, NSW, IG Plaster, built spring 2002, 3 HP Inteliflo pump, Cartridge filter, gas heater, swim lane, volleyball net, Dolphin A30i robot.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by smforte View Post
    Maytronics is based in Atlanta, practically in your backyard. Have you tried calling them to see if there's an authorized dealer who hasn't yet made it to the list?
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    Maytronics is based in Atlanta, practically in your backyard. Have you tried calling them to see if there's an authorized dealer who hasn't yet made it to the list?
    Call Atlas pools in Atlanta.
    60' x 20' L-shape, 23K gal, NSW, IG Plaster, built spring 2002, 3 HP Inteliflo pump, Cartridge filter, gas heater, swim lane, volleyball net, Dolphin A30i robot.

16. Back To Top    #16

I wrote Atlas ... Brian responded.....was so excited but now the hubs is trupying to talk me into getting a cheaper one for 749....the Dolphin Deluxe 4....

Yes you can get it from me the
    price is $1200
    tax is $ 84
    shipping$40
    total $1,324.00

Thanks

Bryan Geraldino
    Atlas Pools
    770-451-3700 ext 211
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

17. Back To Top    #17

I was looking at a pool supply catalog I get in the mail today and came across this. Doheny's Discovery Powered by Dolphin | Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast I wonder if this is the same thing as the 300.
    25,000 gallon Inground vinyl liner , Sand filter. Southern PA USA

18. Back To Top    #18

It only has a 2-hr cycle so it's the s200 (and no Bluetooth).
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL

19. Back To Top    #19

Sorry for renewing this old thread but I just can't help myself! Just ordered the s300i from Atlas Pools in Atlanta. He called around everywhere in Al for me and there wasn't any to be had. Should be here Wednesday. I'll post a review.
    Montgomery, AL

20. Back To Top    #20

You'll love it. I've had my pool for 13 years and never had a bot until this season. I used the old hose through the skimmer only for the first cleaning when opening the pool. "Robbie" does all the work now. Atlas gets great reviews here on TFP. Enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast