Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New larger pump. Now vacume debris bag rips.

1. Back To Top    #1

New larger pump. Now vacume debris bag rips.

I have an Intex 18 x 52 agp and replaced the pump w a slightly larger one. Now the Intex vacume debris bags rip from the uncreased pressure. I have bought new ones and the same thing happens. I can't find heavier duty bags and they seem to have a proprietary ring and attachment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New larger pump. Now vacume debris bag rips.

I suppose you're referring to this one HERE huh? I'm not sure if you can make a customized bag to replace the factory-sized on that's attached to the ring. What about trying to decrease the pressure slightly? Not sure if that's even a viable option. In the end, you may have to just purchase a new, aftermarket vacuum to replace that Intex (bag) version. There are plenty out there to chose from without breaking the bank too badly. Still, maybe another Intex owner will have a suggestion or two for you.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New larger pump. Now vacume debris bag rips.

Yes that is the filter bag. I don't think I can reduce the pressure as it is a single speed pump.