Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AB pool not set up yet, need advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Thayer, IL

AB pool not set up yet, need advice

I've just ordered & received my pool off of amazon. It's 10 x 6 and around 1,000 galllons. I won't be able to use it yet for probably 2 months yet, but I'm shopping for what I'll need to go with it. It does have ports for a pump/filter, so I would appreciate recommendations, as well as what else, besides a cover, I'll need. There's so many chemicals to choose from!

I'm going to place this pool on my patio, as my husband doesn't want me to kill the grass. LOL, but serious.
    Pool: 10 x 6 ft., above ground, vinyl with metal frame (just received from Amazon) Probably holds 900-1,000 gallons.
    Placing this on concrete there something cushy to put under it so it doesn't feel like standing on concrete. I've looked at both Gorilla Floor Padding and Armor Shield online, but they're thin. Any other suggestions on something that won't mold or mildew?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: AB pool not set up yet, need advice

Just make sure you patio is level. A lot of times they put a slight slope on them to help with water if it rains hard. You will not notice it until you go to fill the pool and it shows on the water level

You can use a long level to see if it going to be a problem.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: AB pool not set up yet, need advice

Welcome Kathy. I'd buy a simple test kit and if you ever have trouble with the water just dump it n refill. The pool is so small, it will not cost a lot to do that. Don't worry about killing grass with water.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter