Need help with LED lighting for Inground Pool

Apr 10, 2016
Va Beach Va
Hey everyone. I am new to these forums but figured this would be the place to go for pool questions. I have an inground pool with a surface mounted standard Halogen Light. It looks like the light has gone bad (tripping the GFCI breaker) so it is time to upgrade. Does anyone make a RGB LED light kit that is surface mounted (ie no niche or cutout)? I have seen a few on Alibaba but they are all 12v so I guess I would need some sort of transformer.

I do not mind buying one from a US Supplier but it is hard to walk away from the 40-$60 price of the Chinese one.

So my questions are two fold.
1. Is there a reputable manufacturer that will work?
2. has anyone used the Chinese made ones, and if so any feedback? Also if they did order one which one and what transformer did you use.

Thanks in advanced
Jamie

Hey everyone. I am new to these forums but figured this would be the place to go for pool questions. I have an inground pool with a surface mounted standard Halogen Light. It looks like the light has gone bad (tripping the GFCI breaker) so it is time to upgrade. Does anyone make a RGB LED light kit that is surface mounted (ie no niche or cutout)? I have seen a few on Alibaba but they are all 12v so I guess I would need some sort of transformer.

I do not mind buying one from a US Supplier but it is hard to walk away from the 40-$60 price of the Chinese one.

So my questions are two fold.
1. Is there a reputable manufacturer that will work?
2. has anyone used the Chinese made ones, and if so any feedback? Also if they did order one which one and what transformer did you use.

Thanks in advanced
Jamie

1. Is there a reputable manufacturer that will work? None make what you describe that I have seen

2. has anyone used the Chinese made ones, and if so any feedback? Also if they did order one which one and what transformer did you use. None of these that I have looked at would pass UL listing and are not rated for swimming pool use in the US. I would not recommend them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.