Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dimensions for GLX-Cell-Pipe

1. Back To Top    #1

dimensions for GLX-Cell-Pipe

I am replacing my Hayward T Cell -15 with a Pool Pilot Nano +and need to redo the plumbing. Unfortunately the union for the T cell is right next to the 3 way valve and I can't find a fitting to attach to the Hayward union, non standard threads. I was hoping to buy a GLX-CELL-Pipe and cut the pipe in half and connect a standard 2 inch PVC fitting to the pipe and continue the Nano+ installation. Does anyone know if the pipe is a standard size? If yes what size is it?
    15k gallon in ground Gunite pool and Spa, installed 2006. Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS--8 controller with T15 SWG. 2-speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: dimensions for GLX-Cell-Pipe

Is the pipe into that particular port of the 3-way valve glued inside the valve fitting or glued outside the valve fitting? On Jandy 3-way valves you usually have a choice of 1 1/2"x2" or 2"x2 1/2" (inside x outside). If your present pipe is glued to the inside, you can glue a new fitting to the outside and reduce as needed for your new SWG.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by proavia View Post
    Is the pipe into that particular port of the 3-way valve glued inside the valve fitting or glued outside the valve fitting? On Jandy 3-way valves you usually have a choice of 1 1/2"x2" or 2"x2 1/2" (inside x outside). If your present pipe is glued to the inside, you can glue a new fitting to the outside and reduce as needed for your new SWG.
    The three way valve looks like it has a threaded fitting that is glued in. Why don't I take a picture of the valve and send it tomorrow.
    thanks
    15k gallon in ground Gunite pool and Spa, installed 2006. Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS--8 controller with T15 SWG. 2-speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are two pictures that show the T-15 cell and valve. I just found out from Inyo pools that the Hayward Glx-Cell-Pipe uses a standard 2 inch pvc pipe.
    Attached Images Attached Images