Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble Tec

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble Tec

We have installed pebbleTec recently. The installed surface looks like Caribbean Blue, but we selected Tahoe Blue. I mentioned this to our prime pool renovation contractor. They said that Pebble tec takes 90 days to cure and the color will change to look more like Tahoe Blue. I'm skeptical. Has anyone experienced pebble tec and the curing process affecting the color of the pebble tec over a period of 90 days making it darker in appearance? This is a close up of what was installed and acid washed on Saturday.

pebbleTecTG.jpg

http://www.pebbletec.com/browse-our-...es/pebble-tec/

Unfortunately I think they made a mistake.
    Last edited by Live4Color; 04-10-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: adding photo
    Tracy -- 30,000 gallon in-ground gunite pool with above ground SPA (two fountains). Controller(s): Zodiac iAquaLink2.0 + Jandy AQPLM AquaPalm Salt Water Generator: Hayward AquaRite Salt Generator Complete 40,000 Gallons | Power Center and Salt Cell Kit | AQR15 Filter: Pentair FNS60 50 p.si., Model sm20-2, rated flow 125 GPM Cleaner: Polaris Heater: Pool Pump:SQ FL FR 2HP EE 230V Pentair Superflow Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble Tec

This is Caribbean Blue.
    Pebble Tec Pebble Tec

An earthy assortment of golden and grey pebbles. This finish produces a medium blue color and is comparable to PebbleSheen Blue Granite.

This is Tahoe Blue.
    Pebble Tec Pebble Tec

Earthy golden and grey pebbles blended with dark brown stones. This finish produces a medium blue water color.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

They are not the same, but i can see how they could get mixed up. The samples were off the PT website.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

I have heard it takes a couple months for the color to settle in.. Same with plaster. Fingers crossed it comes out just as you planned. As spending all that money and it is wrong.

5. Back To Top    #5

Feel free to contact Pebbletec directly, they are very helpful and interested in resolving customer issues. The real question is if it is wrong, are you interested in having them chip out what you have and putting in a new finish? They will definitely do it, I have seen it many times. My PB and neighbor has told me quite a few stories about issues like that and Pebbletec's willingness and interest in making it right.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Are they really different?????? It is hard to see the difference!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Hmmm, maybe I copied the same one... I thought I originally saw a difference.
    Marla

8. Back To Top    #8

Look here new pool Petaluma Ca

post #41 shows some close ups of my Tahoe blue pebble. I think yours looks the same.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Feel free to contact Pebbletec directly, they are very helpful and interested in resolving customer issues. The real question is if it is wrong, are you interested in having them chip out what you have and putting in a new finish? They will definitely do it, I have seen it many times. My PB and neighbor has told me quite a few stories about issues like that and Pebbletec's willingness and interest in making it right.
    That's my plan. It is definitely lighter than the sample.

- - - Updated - - -

Your pebble Tec went in a lot darker than mine for sure. Hopefully we will see a change in 30 days. This is what it looks like now.
    IMG_4130.jpg
    Tracy -- 30,000 gallon in-ground gunite pool with above ground SPA (two fountains). Controller(s): Zodiac iAquaLink2.0 + Jandy AQPLM AquaPalm Salt Water Generator: Hayward AquaRite Salt Generator Complete 40,000 Gallons | Power Center and Salt Cell Kit | AQR15 Filter: Pentair FNS60 50 p.si., Model sm20-2, rated flow 125 GPM Cleaner: Polaris Heater: Pool Pump:SQ FL FR 2HP EE 230V Pentair Superflow Pump

10. Back To Top    #10

Mine took a few months to get where it is now. BUT I have heard of the wrong color being put in by accident too.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

11. Back To Top    #11

Here is another pic as we fill the pool.

IMG_4129_2a.jpg

12. Back To Top    #12

That attachment didn't come through
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread