Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Temporary Pool Heaters?

1. Back To Top    #1

Providence, RI

Temporary Pool Heaters?

My indoor pool water heater has a problem- good news is it's under warranty. Bad news is it's not able to be repaired for several days. In the meantime, are there any temporary or portable pool water heaters that I can use to help maintain the water temp? From what I understand, 20k gallons is a lot of water to try to heat with a portable unit. So Im a realist about what a temporary or portable unit may or may not be able to do. But even if its something that can help maintain the existing temp, or even minimize the amount the pool cools off that would help. If temp heaters aren't an option I was thinking....we normally cover the pool at night and turn down the air temp. Wondering if my best option would be to just crank up the heat to increase the air temp and leave the pool uncovered over night? trying to find a solution.
    20,000 gallon indoor saltwater pool.
    36' x 18' with vinyl liner. 3 1/2 shallow end, 4 1/2 deep end.
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator/ Hayward Turbo Cell-15 Salt Cell.
    89 degree water temp/90 degree air temp.

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Temporary Pool Heaters?

The pool will radiate heat into the air. It won't absorb much from the air.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Bay Area, California

you arent going to save any money on heating costs by trying to keep the up to temp
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I've never seen a "portable" pool heater.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.