Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair EasyTouch programming - one more time...

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair EasyTouch programming - one more time...

I am a reasonably intelligent person, but I can't get this darn system to work. I am comfortable with the electrical stuff and am computer competent. Despite my forum reads and manual perusals, I still can't get my EasyTouch set up correctly. Can anyone help me get my pool up and running please? Here is the system I have:

Components:

Pentair EasyTouch 8 with IC40 Intellichlor
    Intelliflo XF
    Max-E-Pro 1.0 HP
    Max-E-Pro 0.75 HP
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 333 heater
    Jandy 3 Port valves
    Jandy Valve actuators
    Clean and Clear filters
    Pentair Wireless remote
    Intellibrite lights
    Magic Stream laminars

The Intelliflo XF pump is connected directly to the breaker and the EasyTouch COM port. 1.0 HP pump connected to Aux 1 relay. 0.75 HP pump connected to Aux 2 relay. Valve actuators connected to valves 1-3. Wireless remote controller connected to COM port. Heater connected to heater jumper.

Here are the modes or scenarios I am trying to create:

XF pump 1.0 HP pump 0.75 HP pump Heater Valve 1 Valve 2 Valve 3
    Filter 1800 Off Off Off Right Right n/a
    Infinity 3250 Off Off Off Left Left Left
    Jets only Off On Off On n/a n/a Right
    Water Features n/a n/a On n/a n/a n/a n/a
    Infinity + Jets 3250 On Off On Left Left Right
    Infinity + Features 3250 Off On Off Left Left Left

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair EasyTouch programming - one more time...

Welcome to TFP!

Programming pool automation can be frustrating and difficult. We have a few folks here who are pretty good at it. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Following this thread. I am in the same boat trying to program my Easy Touch. The instruction manuals provided have been less than helpful.
    24,000 gal fiberglass IG pool w/ tanning shelf, Intelliflo VS pump, cartridge filter, Autopilot digital complete SWG, Pentair Easy Touch 8 automation, Raypak 400k btu heater, 3 color cascade bubblers, 1 brilliant wonders LED waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Help us further... are you programming via your computer or at the panel? Have your spoken to Pentair?
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

The Intelliflo XF needs to be assigned to the F (filter) circuit. The power from the breaker sent to the pump should also power the heater and SWG.

An AUX circuit when activated powers a relay (similar to flipping a light switch for you). A feature circuit enables an operation to take place through a comm line (this will really only effect your XF pump).

The present Pool and Spa circuits are designed to operate the F (filter) circuit.

What are the Jets? For the Spa? Is there a spillway? What are you calling the Laminars? What pump runs them?

I'd need a picture of the plumbing and pool to see the best route to take.

Lastly, please look into ScreenLogic 2. This programming would take me about 3 minutes with it. Without it is a headache waiting to happen but I can get you through it.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

6. Back To Top    #6

So all the initial programming can be done with the Screenlogic 2? I have it but I haven't set it up yet because I thought the Easy Touch controller would be easier. Thanks for the information.
    24,000 gal fiberglass IG pool w/ tanning shelf, Intelliflo VS pump, cartridge filter, Autopilot digital complete SWG, Pentair Easy Touch 8 automation, Raypak 400k btu heater, 3 color cascade bubblers, 1 brilliant wonders LED waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

NO WAY! ScreenLogic is a breeze in comparison. Get it set up and post back...Maybe in a new thread so this one doesn't get sidetracked
    -Brian-
    POOL BUILD

8. Back To Top    #8

WOW!...there was no comparison. It took me longer to get the program and firmware update installed on my computer than to program the pool. It's all done and working perfectly from my computer and phone. Thank you so much for mentioning the screenlogic. I wish I had not wasted my time with the Easy Touch remote!

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

That's what I keep trying to tell people.... There is no reason for the remote especially when you can run everything through your phone.

It's less expensive too
    -Brian-
    POOL BUILD