Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why did you put all those drains around the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Why did you put all those drains around the pool?

Pool has been built since October but we are just getting started with landscaping. I have had several people ask we what are those pipes for or why all the drains. Today I have an answer for them and to think we were swimming 2 days ago.IMG_1160.JPG The little black circles are 2 of the 6 drains that surround the whole pool one that is sticking up a couple of feet will feed to a second line down the other side of the house so when complete there will be 2 paths in case one ever gets blocked or overwhelmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why did you put all those drains around the pool?

Oh my. And to think I had the world's worst drainage issues. You get the prize!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a submersible pump that I use right on my deck when we get a deluge. Do you have one? It may help....

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Pool filled before the deck was done? How did that happen?
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

WOW! Good job and smart move on your part!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

No deck planed right now going to go with grass like we have seen on a few east coast pools. Have been told we will hate it but going to give it a try figured we can deck it if it does not work out.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

6. Back To Top    #6

Or give artificial turf a try. A friend has it and it is really nice, it has been great for at least 5 years or so.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach