Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing transformer Pentair Minimax NT heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing transformer Pentair Minimax NT heater

Post was moved from http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...imax-NT-heater Zea3

Amazon.com: Pentair 471360 Dual Voltage Transformer With Circuit Breaker Replacement for Pool And Spa Heaters: Patio, Lawn Garden

Looks like my transformer went out, I ordered this part...is there anything else I need to install this new transformer?

Quote Originally Posted by plsbcheap View Post
    Just an update for anyone interested in trying to replace your Pentair transformer with the one I mentioned above. I rewired with just the orange and black wires for 240V and it works fine. Voltage was exactly the same as the Pentair transformer. Both were at 26.7V. I have also blown my DDTC board but this transformer works when you know how to wire it. I hope someone else benefits from my trial and error and saves some money. Regards,
    built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing transformer Pentair Minimax NT heater

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post

Looks like my transformer went out, I ordered this part...is there anything else I need to install this new transformer?
    Kill the power to the unit.

Screwdriver and wire nuts.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Kill the power to the unit.

Screwdriver and wire nuts.
    Ok installed the transformer....now just getting power light to light.....heater still not firing ...any ideas?
    built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool