Thermal blanket

Hi All,new to this forum.

I am adding a heater to my pool but my township is giving me hard time for the permit. They requite a thermal blanket (which is fine) and the spec sheet showing the R-value of the blanket.

My pool company has a blanket but it has no spec sheet. They asked the manufacturer and they don't have those specs. I have called/googled around and found lots of covers but without spec sheets.

Only covers I have found with spec sheets are from Australia, New Zealand, UK, but they don't ship to the US :(

Can somebody please help me on this?

Does anyone have come across the same issue before? Does anyone has a solar cover with a spec sheet available in the US?

I am really desperate and almost giving up on my heater.

Thanks!!!

Welcome to TFP, stay around and have fun :)

Just go back to them and get the company they are using for the covers and you can get the one they recommend.. if they do not have an example then how can they "require" you to get something they do not have.

FYI, I tend to question things like this :)

What? I have never heard of a city requiring a homeowner to get a thermal blanket for the pool. Have you seen the statute or whatever for this requirement?

Right, ask the city for a list of approved cover suppliers and an example of an approved cover.

Thank you both for your replies.

This is exactly what I asked them when they told me that other pool companies have submitted the information that they require. Just give me the name of the cover (with the spec sheet) and I will buy it.

The answer was: It is against the law. It is confidential information and we cannot provide the list.

Let me tell you. This is the most difficult township (Berkeley Heights, NJ) that I ever had to deal with.

At the time of the permit request for building the pool, they asked me to choose between the pool and the driveway because of lot coverage....

Did you ever get this resolved, I'm looking for a thermal blanket because I have a heater and a lot of trees so solar isn't helping much and I want to maximize heat retention at night.

Yes, the township eventually gave up, maybe after I talked to the Mayor!

I have not been using the blanket after the inspection; I am not sure helps much given the hassle to put it in and take it out each time the heater is on

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.