Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pent air cartridge filter--hootus is missing--can I run my pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pent air cartridge filter--hootus is missing--can I run my pump?

So I cleaned my filter cartridges: pollen season is winding down here so they were quite dirty.

I pulled the accumulated hair and gunk off the mesh cap (hootus) on the pvc pipe sticking up between the cartridges and cleaned the filter as I normally do.

Sometime between then and now that hootus (the screen on top of the Pvc pipe) has gone missing. I've looked everywhere (even in the murky depths of the bottom of the filter pod) and can't find it.

Can I reassemble the filter and run my pump without that screen until I can find a replacement?

Thanks
    25000 gal in ground plaster. '79 vintage. Cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pent air cartridge filter--hootus is missing--can I run my pump?

Found it!

Mrs Freqz is awesome.

For the record, the not so Techni Al term for hootus is "the cap on the end of the bled air assembly" according to the pentair parts diagram I googled.
    25000 gal in ground plaster. '79 vintage. Cartridge filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pent air cartridge filter--hootus is missing--can I run my pump?

Ha ha. Congratulations on finding the prize! Your reward ..... a full day of swimming for free. If it's still too cold, well, just pretend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!