Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Muriatic Acid concentration

1. Back To Top    #1

Muriatic Acid concentration

Hi all,

I have a question regarding muriatic acid concentration. I can only get the product with 10% concentration, and I would like to add my borax.

Since the Borate section in the Pool Math calls for 31.45% (20 Baumé) concentration of MA, I wonder if I would then need 3x the amount of MA since I can olny get 10% concentration (no degree baumé listed on the 1-gallon jugs.. only %).

Thanks in advance for the advise !!!
    Reinforced concrete 10m x 3.5m x 1.50m rectangular pool (fill volume = 44.67 m3 - approx. 11,800 gallons), partially in-ground (about 50%), Pentair Whisperflo (WF-23) 0.75 HP, Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter, and one Pentair Intellibrite 5G white LED light, tile covered walls & bottom, Taylor 2006-C & TF-100 test kits.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Muriatic Acid concentration

Yes.

Slightly more than 3X the acid .... 3.145X to be precise.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Muriatic Acid concentration

Thank you so much !!! all clear then for the borax...
    Reinforced concrete 10m x 3.5m x 1.50m rectangular pool (fill volume = 44.67 m3 - approx. 11,800 gallons), partially in-ground (about 50%), Pentair Whisperflo (WF-23) 0.75 HP, Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter, and one Pentair Intellibrite 5G white LED light, tile covered walls & bottom, Taylor 2006-C & TF-100 test kits.