Another First Timer - with the TF-100

It will take forever and your arms will want to fall off before it is dissolved all the way. With the sock you can leave it hanging in front of the return and let the return do the work when you go get a drink.

Kim:cat:

Last weekend:

Water - Crytal
Chlorine 4.5 (I have not added any since the initial dose that took it to 12)
pH: 7.5
TA: 180 (I quit the aeration immediately last weekend); Total of 1 gallon of MA added in 3 separate doses over a week.
CYA 30

Today - H2O @ 82F; ambient - 66F (probably last time we see this kind of cool-down until next October - it was 92 a week ago yesterday!)

TC: 7.0 (added a gallon last weekend - jumped up to 11 and has been falling all week - about an inch of rain one day)
pH: 7.5 (added a quarter gallon MA last weekend to get TA down)
TA: 90 (oops - did I go too far with the MA? Did test twice with wipe between drips)
CH: 300
CYA: 35 (so - this is a hard test on these old eyes - I can see it at 30 and it's gone at 40, so that's where i'm getting 35 and I have tried every-which angle and position, including some I won't talk about -LOL!)

Thinking a little CYA to bump up to 50 for the summer.

I love this place! Pool is sparkling like a jewel! THANKS EVERYONE!

Nice work taking care of your pool! Add your location (city, st) to your profile and it will show up over there <-----. Knowing your climate will help us better comment on the best CYA level for your pool/climate. If it is hot and sunny where you are then 50 is good, even 60.

TA at 90 is definitely not too low. If your PH still rises you can lower it further, 60-80, is fine if your PH remains stable.

Thanks for supporting TFP!

Thanks, pooldv! I thought I did put in the location; guess I forgot to save before exiting profile edit. I'll go fix it.

Was concerned I might have gotten the TA too low. pH has remained relatively stable since the last MA dose last weekend.

So satisfying to do my own testing and see the results in a totally clear, sparkly pool! Now, I have to save up and replace the 30 YO plaster with something new. Still considering with what. When I do drain, with TFP, I know balancing the new water will be a lot easier!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.