Can you tell me what this valve does?

Apr 9, 2016
FRESNO
I have an in-ground pool and spa that is operated by the equipment in the pictures.
Pool Equip.jpgSpa Return.jpg

2 questions:

1. In the first picture: what do you think the valve circled in yellow does?
2. In the second picture: The camera is facing North and the spa is South West and the pool is South East. The spa return goes north under the equipment slab. Do you know why it does this, instead of heading towards the spa?

Welcome! :wave:

The unknown valve that is currently in the off position probably feeds a pressure-side cleaner. It doesn't go through the heater. See if there's a mystery port in the pool wall somewhere. Open it and see where water starts moving.

The spa return has to connect with either the blower (bubbler) or the venturi intake (The open pipe that points down to the left of the three intake valves) You'd have to find the plumber who did it to ask why the piping is run the way it is.

I found the port. It is just a hole in the plaster, it does not seem like there is a place for a fitting. I have a generic kreepy krauly right now. Is there any use for this port?
It might help circulation. Or if it's got threads you can put together a fountain or an aerator or a water cannon with PVC pipe and a pool noodle. Check carefully -- it could be that a threaded fitting broke off inside and you just need to wedge something into the stub to get a bite and unscrew it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.