Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Prologic/AQUAPLUS frimware update

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Prologic/AQUAPLUS frimware update

So I have a Hayward prologic/aquaplus system and I purchased the Aqua Connect Module for the house so that I may use the Hayward app from my phone to control my pool system. Well now I realize that the firmware or version of my prologic/aqualogic is older than required.... Is there anyway to update the prologic/aqualogic system or version??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Prologic/AQUAPLUS frimware update

You have to replace the main board to upgrade. $$

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok I have board that's bad "the whole solder joint issue" part # 06608g-1 I am in need of a new board but with firmware compatible with the aqua connect module to allow me to control automation from phone/internet this required a version 4.20 or higher what do I need, can't seem to find a board replacement with that firmare....

Any suggestions

4. Back To Top    #4

You can sometimes find them on eBay but you will usually have to ask for the rev number because they normally don't post it on the listing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome thank you for the help

6. Back To Top    #6

Thought I read it's possible somewhere but do you know if I can replace my board (GLX-PCP-MAIN Rev G) with (GLX-PCP-PRO)? Thought somewhere said it was compatible and had the newer version firmware to support the aqua connect

7. Back To Top    #7

The best thing to do is to call Hayward/Goldline tech support. They are fairly helpful when it comes to board versions, capabilities and compatibility.
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

Awesome called Hayward and it is correct the prologic board is interchangeable with the aqualogic so now I can use the aquaconnect interface (iPhone app) as well as upgrade to variable speed pumps if I wish.. Thanks for the help!