Trying again

May 30, 2015
Winterville, NC
Hello everyone. Im going to start opening my pool this week. It went all winter without a cover so its green right now. Ive taken the Nature II Mineral sanitizer off and replaced with the Hasa pool liquidator. Ive also purchashed a Aquabot pool rover S2-40i to help with cleaning.

To start, should I replace the sand in my filter? The current sand has went through about 3 seasons.
I know there is debris on the bottom of the pool(leaves), should I vacuum these out before putting more water in pool(I drained pool before last winter just down to the bottom of the skimmer)? Thanks for any help yall give.

The sand in your filter was a million years old when it went in. A couple years inside the filter didn't wear it out. Leave it alone. Perhaps after you're finished with the initial cleanup and the water is clear you can try Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

The more organic debris you can remove from the pool, the faster it will clear. I'd start with a leaf rake so you don't clog up the plumbing with a wad of waterlogged compost. Then vacuum to waste if you can get the vacuum to work with the low water level. Sometimes the pump won't prime. Some people have had success doing a siphon vacuum. Set the vacuum head on the floor, carefully feed the hose in so all the air is pushed out, then cap the end with your hand and haul it out and over the side as fast as you can so it starts siphoning. Then vacuum.

Once the big stuff is out, fill it up, get the water circulating, and when it's all mixed, test everything and get ready to SLAM. You could sneak some bleach in while you're filling and mixing, but don't go above 10 FC or you won't get an accurate pH reading. On second thought, you might want to test the CYA level before you start refilling because at least some of the Nature2 systems also use trichlor in the tab feeder. If it's way high, you might want to lose a little more water before refilling.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks, you can find some battery operated leaf rakes that attach to a regular pole and have a propeller which sucks all the leaves in a big bag. My pool had a whole fall season worth of leaves in it and I was able to get them all out in around a half hour. They are a little spendy, mine was $100 but with the amount of trees within fall range of my pool, if it lasts me a couple years I will think it is well worth the money.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks, you can find some battery operated leaf rakes that attach to a regular pole and have a propeller which sucks all the leaves in a big bag. My pool had a whole fall season worth of leaves in it and I was able to get them all out in around a half hour. They are a little spendy, mine was $100 but with the amount of trees within fall range of my pool, if it lasts me a couple years I will think it is well worth the money.
Can you help us find a link to this product?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.