New owner water not circulating. In ground pool (in spain)

Apr 9, 2016
spain
When my pool pump engages it does not suck water, both sump and skimmer valves are open, the main controller is switched to filter and both filters are clean I have filled the filter by the pump with water and tested, the impala does suck that water through.

I have removed the Skimmer valve and all pipes are clear of water. I hoovered the bottom of the pool last weekend and it all worked fine.

The big fibreglass filter ball reads zero pressure.

I have run the pump very quickly with all valves closed and there is still no change in the pressure guage

Help, I don't want my pool to turn green or have to spend a fortune on an engineer.

Welcome to the forum :) It would help if we could see pictures of your equipment, we may be able to see if something is wrong.. In my sig below is a link on how to post pictures.

Here is a video of how to prime your pump, have you tried this?

Look at the video Casey posted. That is a good one.

Does your pressure gauge move at all? It might be bad. I just had to replace mine so know how it feels to think your equipment is messing up BUT it was the gauge not working........easy fix if it is that.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.