Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New owner water not circulating. In ground pool (in spain)

1. Back To Top    #1

New owner water not circulating. In ground pool (in spain)

When my pool pump engages it does not suck water, both sump and skimmer valves are open, the main controller is switched to filter and both filters are clean I have filled the filter by the pump with water and tested, the impala does suck that water through.

I have removed the Skimmer valve and all pipes are clear of water. I hoovered the bottom of the pool last weekend and it all worked fine.

The big fibreglass filter ball reads zero pressure.

I have run the pump very quickly with all valves closed and there is still no change in the pressure guage

Help, I don't want my pool to turn green or have to spend a fortune on an engineer.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New owner water not circulating. In ground pool (in spain)

Welcome to the forum It would help if we could see pictures of your equipment, we may be able to see if something is wrong.. In my sig below is a link on how to post pictures.

Here is a video of how to prime your pump, have you tried this?

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: New owner water not circulating. In ground pool (in spain)

Look at the video Casey posted. That is a good one.

Does your pressure gauge move at all? It might be bad. I just had to replace mine so know how it feels to think your equipment is messing up BUT it was the gauge not working........easy fix if it is that.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!