Intex 12ft X 30in easy set or Metal frame.

Apr 9, 2016
LAS VEGAS
1st thanks for the forum and all the info .... From all i have read i have made a plan for my pool set up

I live in las vegas and my backyard is pure rocks ....... so here is my solution.

1. Level as much as i can the rocks .

2. Buy Plywood, Foam Board , Gorrila Pad and the tarp the pool comes with

3. foam board down than plywood than Gorrila pad than Tard all Level as my base ( is this ok would it work )

4. Put pool on top of all this enjoy my summer ( pumping the pool when not in use , TFPC )

with this base will an easy set be better or a metal frame ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Welcome to the forum :)

The pro metal frame models are better and will last longer.. but both will work just fine.

The number 1 thing is the pool being level, if it is off more than 2 inches it has the possibility of collapsing and thousands of gallons of water going out of a pool is not good..

you would install the layers like this Once level,

gorilla pad
3/4 inch foam board should do great for smaller rocks, anything bigger than 1/2 inch rocks you will want to move from under the pool..
the tarp really is not needed if you use the foam, I did not use it :) I installed the Intex pro pool in my sig below, look over it and get some ideas.

Don't forget your test kit, once your pool is up it becomes the most important thing :)

I don't know, those easy set pools are pretty tough, I had mine for 7 years and only upgraded because I wanted a bigger pool. I bet it would of went 10 years.
I think plywood, foam, pad then tarp might be overkill. I think plywood foam or pad foam would work, throw the tarp in there just cause you have it.

Welcome to the forum :)

The pro metal frame models are better and will last longer.. but both will work just fine.

The number 1 thing is the pool being level, if it is off more than 2 inches it has the possibility of collapsing and thousands of gallons of water going out of a pool is not good..

you would install the layers like this Once level,

gorilla pad
3/4 inch foam board should do great for smaller rocks, anything bigger than 1/2 inch rocks you will want to move from under the pool..
the tarp really is not needed if you use the foam, I did not use it :) I installed the Intex pro pool in my sig below, look over it and get some ideas.

Don't forget your test kit, once your pool is up it becomes the most important thing :)

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, those easy set pools are pretty tough, I had mine for 7 years and only upgraded because I wanted a bigger pool. I bet it would of went 10 years.
I think plywood, foam, pad then tarp might be overkill. I think plywood foam or pad foam would work, throw the tarp in there just cause you have it.
Thanks

Having had both types, I suggest the metal frame. More durable, and you have more options to upgrade, like adding a thru the wall skimmer.

My easy set pools always developed pinhole leaks in the ring after a couple of years.

I especially like the Intex Ultra Frame pools. And I advocate leaving them up year round.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.