Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 12ft X 30in easy set or Metal frame.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 12ft X 30in easy set or Metal frame.

1st thanks for the forum and all the info .... From all i have read i have made a plan for my pool set up

I live in las vegas and my backyard is pure rocks ....... so here is my solution.

1. Level as much as i can the rocks .

2. Buy Plywood, Foam Board , Gorrila Pad and the tarp the pool comes with

3. foam board down than plywood than Gorrila pad than Tard all Level as my base ( is this ok would it work )

4. Put pool on top of all this enjoy my summer ( pumping the pool when not in use , TFPC )

with this base will an easy set be better or a metal frame ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex 12ft X 30in easy set or Metal frame.

Welcome to the forum

The pro metal frame models are better and will last longer.. but both will work just fine.

The number 1 thing is the pool being level, if it is off more than 2 inches it has the possibility of collapsing and thousands of gallons of water going out of a pool is not good..

you would install the layers like this Once level,

gorilla pad
    3/4 inch foam board should do great for smaller rocks, anything bigger than 1/2 inch rocks you will want to move from under the pool..
    the tarp really is not needed if you use the foam, I did not use it I installed the Intex pro pool in my sig below, look over it and get some ideas.

Don't forget your test kit, once your pool is up it becomes the most important thing
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know, those easy set pools are pretty tough, I had mine for 7 years and only upgraded because I wanted a bigger pool. I bet it would of went 10 years.
    I think plywood, foam, pad then tarp might be overkill. I think plywood foam or pad foam would work, throw the tarp in there just cause you have it.
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to the forum

The pro metal frame models are better and will last longer.. but both will work just fine.

The number 1 thing is the pool being level, if it is off more than 2 inches it has the possibility of collapsing and thousands of gallons of water going out of a pool is not good..

you would install the layers like this Once level,

gorilla pad
    3/4 inch foam board should do great for smaller rocks, anything bigger than 1/2 inch rocks you will want to move from under the pool..
    the tarp really is not needed if you use the foam, I did not use it I installed the Intex pro pool in my sig below, look over it and get some ideas.

Don't forget your test kit, once your pool is up it becomes the most important thing
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krazykrames View Post
    I don't know, those easy set pools are pretty tough, I had mine for 7 years and only upgraded because I wanted a bigger pool. I bet it would of went 10 years.
    I think plywood, foam, pad then tarp might be overkill. I think plywood foam or pad foam would work, throw the tarp in there just cause you have it.
    Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Having had both types, I suggest the metal frame. More durable, and you have more options to upgrade, like adding a thru the wall skimmer.

My easy set pools always developed pinhole leaks in the ring after a couple of years.

I especially like the Intex Ultra Frame pools. And I advocate leaving them up year round.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree, I have had both and the metal frame is the way to go if you can. In my signature is a link with pictures of my build last year.
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

You get more usable space with the framed pools. And, as stated above, they are more durable.( though we got 4 years or so out of our first easyset. The kids grew out of it quickly.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!