Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Countpyro1 Re: Need to replace pump timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Countpyro1 Re: Need to replace pump timer

Don't want to hijack but the timers mentioned(t-101m). Can these be used in a 15amp twist lock application. They only have a 3' cord on my pump so while staying to code but not sure how this could be applied. Would I add an accessible box and put this in series with the circuit?
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Countpyro1 Re: Need to replace pump timer

Electrically, there's no problem with running the output wires from the timer to another box with a twist-lock receptacle. I don't know if it's up to code or not, but the timer is nothing more than a complicated on-off switch.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Electrically, there's no problem with running the output wires from the timer to another box with a twist-lock receptacle. I don't know if it's up to code or not, but the timer is nothing more than a complicated on-off switch.

Thanks for the reply. I am gonna have to talk to the local inspector and see what he thinks. From my understanding they are only requiring a shut off close by with a spa/hot tub. If they are also requiring with a pool I read
    some have used this as an alternative. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Does anyone have a recommendation on which timer to use. I have a 1.5hp 2 speed Malibu pump. There is a low/high speed but it's a switch on the side of the pump. Im
    assuming I'll run it on low to save money of I've done my research right?
    19k 15x36' inground oval vinyl lined pool with deep end. 3 returns , 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Got my 101 today and can't wait to wire it up things are coming together