auto cover rope life.

bobby1017

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2011
Petaluma, Ca
So I love my autocover but at times it sucks. When i closed it today one of the ropes broke. I think this is the 4th time in 5 years, at least the third. Everything I read seems to indicate that this is abnormal, the cover is a "coverpools". I called and complained but I doubt that will help, then my GF called too and she isn't as nice as me. How are other peoples ropes holding out?

I'm going to get into it more today, I did see mentioned on the web site that the "super rope" should last up to 100000 cycles, at the most mine lasted 400. It seems the cover will nearly always not quite close square, maybee off by 2", but the next cycle it may be fine. I've had them out at least once a year to adjust the cover.

I have a Coverstar as opposed to Coverpool. My ropes are hanging in there after three years, though some pulleys did go bad. I was surprised that didn't cause the ropes to break. I remember reading about advancements in ropes recently. However I agree with above that something seems askew (pardon the out of square pun). Mine easily gets off kilter a bit too and I sometimes call or live with it. It is not cheap or "Trouble free" but I really enjoy having it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.