Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Patch doesn't match?

1. Back To Top    #1

Patch doesn't match?

We had 6 places where the liner had come of of track in a foreclosure we bought. I was able to get 5 back in myself. The last one was about 18in long and 6 in pulled down. I had a "pool guy" come to try and get the last one. WELL, he ended up poking a hole in the liner. He patched the hole, and I told him to just leave it alone because it had stretched TOO much....I waited until the next day and got it back in the track myself. Now, I don't like the patch and we're getting ready to put the house on the market. Anyone know if you can order patch kits specific to the pattern? I believe this one is called Cambridge? I tried to find the company, but can't find them. I'd love to have a "sample" that you see hanging in the pool stores! That would be an easy match! Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lexington, NC, 24 ft Above Ground, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 HP Pump, Tablet Chlorinator (use Tricholr), Taylor K-2006 test kit, County water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Patch doesn't match?

I don't have anything to say other than I understand why you want a different patch. That one stands out. Hopefully this will bump your post and one of the more knowledgeable men & women of this forum will have some advice.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like it could be "Cambridge Helix" from inyopools.com
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks all! I've emailed several companies to see if they would sell me a scrap or sample. I only need a small piece. Any installers on here happen to have any scrap?
    Lexington, NC, 24 ft Above Ground, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 HP Pump, Tablet Chlorinator (use Tricholr), Taylor K-2006 test kit, County water.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just be aware even if you find the right matching pattern your old liner has faded considerably from the original color also if this was a pin hole they make clear patches.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Just be aware even if you find the right matching pattern your old liner has faded considerably from the original color also if this was a pin hole they make clear patches.
    Thanks, yes, I'm sure it would be different since the liner is about 7 yrs old, but I only need about a 3 inch piece & I think it would look a lot better.

7. Back To Top    #7

Just incase anyone else ever needs a matching patch, I googled "Cambridge Vinyl Liner Fabricator" and emailed the company. I attached a photo and they are sending me a scrap free of charge! It may not be perfect, but it will match better than what I have. Thanks everyone!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Thanks for that follow-up, Tyro. I had no idea they would help.....that's good customer service.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

That is awesome news! How is your water looking??

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Thanks for that follow-up, Tyro. I had no idea they would help.....that's good customer service.
    I know! Latham & PenAir both responded! I was so impressed! It's so hard to find good customer service these days! I will sure be checking with them the next time I need a liner!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That is awesome news! How is your water looking??

Kim
    Hi Kim, I'm going to do the quick test tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed You all are great!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Please don't make my mistake and go with clear. It clouds and looks bad. I am having my pool company come out and cover all mine. They stick out mile away.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    Please don't make my mistake and go with clear. It clouds and looks bad. I am having my pool company come out and cover all mine. They stick out mile away.
    Thank you! Good luck with yours! Let me know if you'd like the names of the manufactures that responded. There were 4