Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to replace pump timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to replace pump timer

I am entering my 4th year of pool ownership.

I have come to appreciate and rely heavily on the knowledge and support from TFP

I am on a tight budget and need to manage energy costs where possible.

Presently I need to replace the existing pump timer.

IMG_1881.jpg

It functions (dial rotates), but is missing the "dial tabs" to actually switch the pump on/off. I had submitted pictures previously and the only tabs I could locate would not work on this timer.

I dont need any thing fancy at this point just functional

What considerations need to be taken?
    25k+ IG irregular Marcite 1980, owned since Dec 2012, StaRite MAX-E-GLAS 3/4hp motor/pump, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Hayward Vari-Flo 710x32 valve. Hayward Heater (pass-thru only). 2 skimmers w/socks, single main drain, Nautilus Dolphin DX4 in 2014.
    liquid Cl 10-12%, liquid MA 31.45%, granulated CYA 96%, well-water.
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1716 Iron test, K-1730 Copper test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to replace pump timer

Shame you can't just get tabs. But if you end-up replacing the entire timer, many folks stay with the Intermatic:
    T101M (110)
    T104M (220)

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

The timer dogs should be available. See if there is an ACE hardware nearby. They can order them.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I bought a bag of them at A local pool store with varied sizes. I'm sure they can be ordered online also.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!