Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Non Jet Hot Tub

1. Back To Top    #1

Non Jet Hot Tub

i bought a house with an in-ground pool and hot tub. Come to find out the hot tub does not have jets. Is the only way to install is to rip everything up? Is there any sort of portable jet system? Overall I just don't want to be sitting in a bathtub with my friends. Some moving water would be nice.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Non Jet Hot Tub

Welcome to TFP!

Is it a gunite hot tub? Attached to the pool? With only a couple of pool returns for water circulation?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Non Jet Hot Tub

There has to be some water movement, otherwise the tub would just be stagnant water. How about posting some pictures of the equipment pad? Maybe we can identify the valves and things for you.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!